Ugasko, immigrant integration.
This initiative was begun by the Jesuit Community of the University of Deusto and is currently managed by the Ugasko Association, a non-profit organisation which mainly focuses on caring for socially excluded immigrants. The Association places emphasis on training, solidarity and social insertion.
Our aims include:
- Provide residence for persons who are socially excluded due to lack of resources.
- Ensure their well being by providing food, accommodation, basic needs and leisure.
- Assist the men and women in our residences to draw up a personal life plan during their time in the project.
- Offer one to one support to the residents in developing their personal projects.
- Foster their social development, highlighting responsibility and solidarity between the residents.
- Comprehensive training for the residents.
- Equip the residents to lead independent responsible lives once their stay in the project has ended.
- Ensure they have knowledge of the social, cultural, economic and linguistic aspects of the host society.
- Prompt them to practise equal gender rights as an integral part of advanced society.